This has got to be one of the most clever Easter Eggs I've seen in a long time, especially considering current relations between Mojang (makers of Minecraft), and Bethesda (makers of The Elder Scrolls and Fallout). As seen in the video below, if you go to a certain part of The Throat of the World, the highest point in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, you'll find a Notched Pickaxe. For those who don't know, Markus "Notch" Persson is the lead designer of Minecraft, and the head of Mojang.
It's a pretty awesome little Easter Egg, and tribute to the most successful indie developer ever. Especially since the smithing feature in Skyrim is very reminiscent of Minecraft's. There's no trophy or achievement tied to this find, just a really cool sense of camaraderie. Oh, and an awesome pickaxe. And the best part? You can find this on whatever platform you're playing on. The pickaxe is in the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC versions of the game.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades